Northern Lights on Parliament Hill is a magical sound and light show that attracts over 200,000 spectators in Ottawa each year. The imagery projected onto the Peace Tower in Ottawa is a dream-like voyage through the wonders of Canadian culture and history that you’ll want to keep with you. The Royal Canadian Mint has created a coin to eternalize this enchanted moment. The design features the unique Colour Reveal technology, a Royal Canadian Mint first! Using a black light to highlight the coin, the Peace Tower glows with Northern Lights in the dark, just like Parliament Hill at night!
- NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN TECHNOLOGY! The unique Colour Reveal technology ignites a light show on the coin through the use of a black light. A Royal Canadian Mint first!
- INCLUDES A BLACK LIGHT FLASHLIGHT! The artistry of your coin can be appreciated in any light, but viewing it under a black light (included) activates the special technology!
- POPULAR LIGHT SHOW! Northern Lights attracts over 200,000 spectators in Ottawa each year. The coin features the audience’s perspective on the Peace Tower.
- EXCEPTIONAL SCULPTING! Based on a photo by Matt Eggink, the coin’s design consists of a beautiful reproduction of the Peace Tower.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 4,500 coins worldwide.
- 1 OZ. 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from one ounce of 99.99%pure silver.
- NO GST/HST!
Your coin’s design is based on a photograph by Matt Eggink of Parliament Hill’s Peace Tower and features a unique Colour Reveal that lights up by use of a black light. These colours are based on the projections on the Peace Tower in the final section of Northern Lights, the sound and light show on Parliament Hill. The obverse design features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll by Susanna Blunt.
“I thought it was important to capture a perspective that is realistic to a spectator’s view as they watch the light show.” Matt Eggink, Artist
Did you know…
- Amazing technology. What technology turns Parliament Hill into a screen of over 143 meters long and 30 storeys high? 17 different projectors work together to form a seamless image on the front façade of Centre Block, creating a high-definition visual and sound experience.
- Open to the public. Northern Lights is a free bilingual show presented nightly from early-July to early-September by Canadian Heritage. More than one million visitors have seen the show since its inception!
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
Item Number: 174170
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 31.39 g
Diameter: 38 mm
Face Value: $20
Artist: Based on a photo by Matt Eggink (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)