Wherever a snow crystal lands, its delicate form is as ethereal as it is enchanting – the the “icy” crystal on this coin’s reverse is no exception. Show crystals – like the intricate stellar dendrite that landed on this 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin – are beautifully varied and unique. No two snow crystals are exactly alike, but most of them have six points or sides, which inspired the Royal Canadian Mint’s newest coin shape: a hexagon coin. Its six-sided outline perfectly complements the six-armed snow crystal engraved on the first Snowflake coin, which is adorned with a clear crystal that mimics winter’s magical sparkle.
A six-sided coin – a first for the Royal Canadian Mint. The Mint’s first hexagon coin introduces a six-sided shape that perfectly complements the six-armed snow crystal on its reverse.
- A fun new series begins, one that revisits a popular theme: snow crystals, which were last seen on the much-loved Snowflake coins (the last one was 2018’s Ice Crystals).
- At the centre of this snowflake lies a clear crystal that sparkles in the light.
- Crafted in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver.
- Packaged in an innovative new graphic paperboard case that also holds the certificate of authenticity.
- Only 8,500 coins available worldwide.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 32.41 g
Diameter: 42 mm
Face Value: $20
Finish: Reverse Proof
Artist: Don Komarechka
Packaging: Graphic Paperboard Case
Finished Size: 57mm x 61 mm