In 2023, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) celebrates its 150 years of history and service. The Royal Canadian Mint is marking the occasion on this 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin that features a curated collection of RCMP coin designs, with some dating back to 1973.
Designed for passionate collectors and struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), the compilation mixes numismatic and commemorative tributes, and highlights RCMP anniversaries that were previously commemorated on Canada’s coins, including the 25-cent piece from the force’s centennial year (1973). Each of these reproduced designs is a variation of the iconic RCMP horse and rider image – the venerable “Mountie” image that is recognized worldwide.
Ultra High Relief (UHR). Six historic RCMP coin designs have been carefully reproduced on this coin’s reverse, where the ultra-high relief created a realistic, multilevel/multilayered effect.
– Commemorates the 150th anniversary of Canada’s national police service, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) – a proud Canadian institution.
– Designed with the collector in mind and struck in Ultra High Relief.
– Many of the designs re-visited on this 2023 commemorative piece are associated with previous RCMP anniversaries – the the 25-cent (centre) and proof dollar designs from 1973, the force’s centennial year.
– Crated in 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver
– A very limited collectible. Only 1,250 coins are available to collectors worldwide.
Item Number: 207300
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 157.6 g
Diameter: 65.25 mm
Face Value: $50
Artist: RCM Engravers
Packaging: Black clamshell with black beauty box
Finished size: 118 mm x 97 mm